In the Beginning...

What is it about January first that makes us evaluate our lives. We ask questions pertaining to how we value our life so far. We look back on the history of our life and we decide if its been good, or not so good. We then make changes to create a better us. We will often make new promises or resolutions. These resolutions are based on the past. We are constantly trying to make a better us. Sometimes I often think about the future.

I am the worst at reading books or watching movies on netflix. I skip ahead to find out what happens. I will flip pages to find out the outcome, or I will skip ahead in netflix. I NEED to know what happens before it happens. I think the reason is because I hate conflict so I HAVE to know if it gets solved before I even finish knowing what the conflict even is.
 If only I could skip ahead 20 years and find out what my life would be. Did I lose weight? Did I finish my masters? Did I get my dream job? Did I raise kids who love the Lord?
I want the ending, but after reading Genesis one I realized God loves the process. 
God is very capable of creating the world in one moment. But He chose to make it a process. He spread it out into six days. 

We are a work in progress. Its a journey. This life was not meant to be done in a moment. The heartaches, the sad moments, the moments where we lose our patience, the moments we triumph and the moments we fail; it is all a journey, a process. Although God sees us at the end where we are victorious, He is still in our every moment. He takes our moments, our process, our journey and he uses it to create something beautiful. Because its a process He gets more moments to show us how to trust Him, how to see Him in the middle of chaos, to feel his peace in an anxious moment, an opportunity for him to make something beautiful out of ashes.

Thank you Lord for the process, thank you Lord for the journey and thank you Lord for all the moments you have made yourself known.


being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. phil 1:6

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him James 1:2

Comments